Saturday, July 13, 2013

Organize Your Digital Life with IFTTT, Now On iOS

With all of the different cloud services, online resource curating tools and social media engines, it may feel like a dizzying task to keep up with it all. Working with Edtech, I'm always trying to build workflows to help with this process. That's why I fell in love with IFTTT.com last year. Its both an online tool and an iOS app that can help you organize you digital life.

How does it work? You use and create something called a Recipe. For example, "If This Weather today calls for rain Then my Gmail will email me That." Another might be "If I post a picture on instagram then save it to my dropbox." Or maybe, "If I receive an attachment in my Gmail, then save it to my Dropbox or Drive."

Ok, I think you get the idea. I have used this tool to cross-post across social media streams, blogs and more. Now, they have added the app for iOS so you can include things like "if photo added to photos app then save to my Drive". It includes what are called "Channels" to digital tools such as; Evernote, Gmail, Dropbox, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, RSS Feeds and more but, now, also includes some of the iOS apps. To try it, go to the website at IFTTT.com or check app out using this link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifttt/id660944635?mt=8

What recipes will you create?



No comments:

Post a Comment