How to Set a Google Document Link That Forces Each User to Make a Copy
- When finishing a Google Document, go to the blue share square
- Change the link permission to Anyone with the link can View
- Do not copy this link. It's not the one you want
- Go to the link at the top of your document and find the word “edit” in the link
- Erase the word “edit” and change it to say “copy”
- Copy the entire new link
- Paste it in a new window or tab to test it.
Here is an example:
- When another person/student uses the link and clicks the blue Make a Copy button, it will automatically save their copy into their Drive.